Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Weetman 'Disneyland Ware' Figures - White

As a follow-up to yesterday's post I present to you the solid white variant of the Weetman figures.

I don't really know *exactly* what these are. Were they made to be sold like this, or are they just 'blanks' that got out unpainted? Pictured here are Walrus salt and pepper shakers,


Tweedle shaker and regular figure,


and small-size Mad Hatter figure.


The size difference is odd too. This Mad Hatter is significantly smaller than his full color counterpart, so did they produce multiple sizes for them all?! I hope not...

Supposedly there is a Weetman catalog out there somewhere that pictures LOTS of these figures, as well as the set of Cinderella-ware. I'd love to get a look at it to see what was produced.

UPDATE:  After many years I now have new information.  The small size Hatter and Dee (which I now know is correct) are by Weetman but made (exclusively?) for a company called Good-Win as part of a paint set with the ever-so-obvious name "Paint Your Own Walt Disney Figures in Pottery", some marketing genius at work over there I tell 'ya.  Stay tuned for a full post.

No comments: