Tuesday, May 10, 2011

And Now for Something Completely Different - Donald Duck as Alice from Donald in Mathemagic Land

While this is not really from Alice in Wonderland, it is fun.  An original model sheet from the short Donald in Mathemagic Land.  I don't know about you, but this short was a staple in my primary school education; I must have seen this a dozen times over the years in classrooms, and all on 16mm film of course.  I was even one of the A/V guys one year, no wonder the chicks dug me.
As we know, Donald does a brief turn in drag as Alice from Through the Looking Glass when the subject turns to mathematics in games, and the discussion turns to chess.
I'd say the final animation got the attitude of Donald pretty close to his model sheet counterpart, wouldn't you?

2 comments:

Magic Emperor said...

Donald Duck and Alice are my two favorite Disney characters, so when I watched Mathmagic Land for the first time and saw this, it was like peanut butter and chocolate.

I nicknamed Donald in the dress Donalice.

Major Pepperidge said...

Oh man, that is an awesome model sheet! They used to show that cartoon in school (I can hear the soft clickey-click of the projector...), it's always been a favorite.