Friday, December 6, 2013

Cel of the White Rose from the Garden of Live Flowers

Rounding out our flower garden series of posts is this cel of the White Rose.  A very scarce character, she only appears during the song, twice briefly.
The voice of the White Rose was Norma Zimmer, who is probably best remembered as Lawrence Welk's "Champagne Lady" on The Lawrence Welk Show.  I remember watching this show with my grandparents when I was a kid.  I was pretty young, so I don't really remember her on the show, but I do remember hearing Lawrence Welk introduce the Champagne Lady.
Image courtesy of Wikipedia
Sadly Norma Zimmer passed away two years ago in 2011.

2 comments:

Magic Emperor said...

I always loved this white rose. It's, like, the best five-second appearance of any animated character. Heh.

RIP, Norma!

Sam said...

I've always thought this White Rose looked like Alice's sister . . . !

(I haven't posted till now, because my computer's needed changing and I'm still getting things back, online and documents wise)